Jazz From Scotland is pleased to announce their new development scheme for emerging bands, Step Up.
One band will be selected to be supported by Step Up. They will receive a day of mentoring from a prominent creative musician, a photo shoot and help to develop their EPK and online presence as well as a number of performance opportunities at venues and festivals in Scotland.
“I’m really pleased to be able to expand our development programme of work with Step Up. Young Scottish Jazz Musician is focused on the individual artist, so we wanted a scheme that is dedicated to bands and ensembles as a way to encourage longevity and creative growth between musicians.”
– Kim Macari, Chairperson of Jazz from Scotland
Criteria for applicants
- Band must have at least 2 players but there is no upper limit
- All band members must be between 16-25 years old
- The band must have been working together for at least 1 year
- The band must not have any professional representation or be signed to any label
Your submission should include:
- 2 recordings, no longer than 8 minutes each, either by file upload or Soundcloud link
- At least one of the 2 recording submissions must be an original composition by someone in the band
- They must include improvisation by at least one band member
The recordings will be judged anonymously by a panel of jazz musicians across different disciplines. The winning band will be announced in November.
Complete the application form below to enter by Wednesday 31st October at 5pm.