Jazzahead! is an annual trade show held each April in Bremen, Germany. It is one of the largest international gatherings for the jazz sector and features 4 exhibiting days, an education symposium and a number of showcases.
Some facts and figures: 2017 was the 12th Jazzahead! and the numbers have grown significantly from 2016; 1, 356 exhibiting companies & organisations, 3,169 professional delegates. The showcase performances are open to the public and in total, 17,600 people attend throughout the weekend.
As part of Jazz from Scotland’s commitment to supporting the jazz sector both at home and abroad, we are pleased to announce that this year we can offer musicians two ways to be part of the event –
- Jazzahead! Bursaries (four bursaries available for musicians to attend the event)
- Digital Showcase including audio and video playlists
Bursaries: The four artists selected will join us for a full day of the conference and use the stand as a base. A briefing session will take place before the event to ensure all artists are able to make the most of the experience with advice on how to approach delegates, tips and tricks, logistical information etc.
- Applicants must be aged 18 or over and have been working professionally for a minimum of 3 years
- Applicants must have been resident in Scotland for a minimum 2 years at time of application
- Applicants must have a project, which is ‘gig-ready’ – this means having an EPK, recorded music and/or video footage as well as press quotes if possible.
- All artists must be available for a briefing session before the event at Scottish Music Centre, Glasgow
- Must be available between 18th – 22nd April 2018 and have a valid passport.
The selected artists will receive a delegate pass for the event and up to £150 toward travel and accommodation costs. (To be reimbursed after the event.) The artists will attend one full day of the event in pairs.
To apply: Use our submission form to add video, audio & bio. Then email email@example.com with the following information –
- What you hope to get from a visit to Jazzahead (max 250 words)
- At least three organisations or individuals you intend to meet with at the event
The deadline for applications is 5pm on March 2nd 2018. Successful applicants will be notified by March 7th 2018.
Artists and ensembles are invited to upload a track/video to be included as part of our digital showcase of Scottish and Irish jazz. The playlist will be shared throughout Jazzahead and made available to download by festival directors and broadcasters.
To add your track, video, bio and photograph via our submission form – https://www.jazzfromscotland.com/artists/submissions/